**This position is available remotely
We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 250+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced .NET Developers (Angular/ React) to help our customers define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are now looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior .NET Developer to join our team. An individual who leads by example and demonstrates a strong work ethic.
As a senior member of the Development Team you will be exposed to interesting and complex projects and will be expected to deliver a range of cutting-edge solutions. You will play an active role in activities related to design, development, and maintenance of our products. You will be working close with our team leaders to define specification, architecture, building creative and innovative software solutions.
Your daily responsibilities as a Senior Developer will be:
● Implementation of systems/product architecture.
● Estimation of functional/technical business requirements.
● Translating functional/technical business requirements into application code.
● Provide peer review of design and implementations produced by other team members.
● Continue to review, evolve and deliver best software development standards, technology, tools and principles.
● Mentor and assist team members on their upward journey
Key personality traits:
● Attention to detail and methodical worker.
● Proactive and supportive team player.
● Ability to act independently.
● Quick to learn new techniques and eager to embrace new challenges.
● Positive attitude towards change and a fast-paced environment.
● Can-do approach towards development initiatives, methodologies and working practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
The following skills/experience are necessary:
- 3 or more years in a similar role.
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent
- Strong experience in some or all of C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework, HTML, CSS, MVC, jQuery, MS SQL, Scrum. Exposure to Angular 2+ or React will be considered an asset.
- Good understanding of best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Solid time management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Provide support to other team members and value others and their opinions.
- Constructive challenger approach.
The following skills/qualifications are advantageous:
- A passion for emerging technology and new concepts.
- Practical knowledge and experience of a structured development life cycle, such as Agile or Scrum.
- The ability to operate whilst under time pressure and to demanding constraints.
- WPF, WCF, SQL Server, Angular knowledge
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch