We have been presented with an unusual opportunity to offer a 1 year contract (with a possibility to renew) to individuals interested in experiencing the Banking sector in a full immersion way whilst still being employed with Ascent.
Benefits of this role:
Whilst working on site at the Bank's Malta Head Office, the candidate will have access to the following:
- Attendance to Ascent company events, social platforms and quarterly communication meetings
- Access to Ascent personal development programmes
- Access to Ascent Virtual World
- Full backing from and access to Ascent's technical expertise including Agile Coaches
- Access to Ascent HR team including periodical one to ones
- Access to any bonuses and benefits that Ascent offers and may offer throughout your employment
We are looking for an Automation QA to work on a project with a professional banking institution. In this role, you will actively work and manage the automation framework for testing of software applications, APIs and test integrations within the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process.
- To carry out all assigned tasks efficiently and effectively, in adherence with internal policies and procedures.
- To participate and contribute in the formulation of a procedures and policies used by the team.
- To plan and perform periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes.
- Works with different teams to ensure that tests are carried out successfully.
IT Quality Assurance Function
- To act as a QA Technical Lead on Projects that include a high level of technical element, whilst identifying ways to automate testing cycles.
- To perform the full range of tasks associated with the technical analysis, user acceptance testing, end-user training and post-implementation reviews of business related software applications;
- To create end-to-end test plans; including estimates for test case creation and execution,executing the plan and managing all activities to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution gives the desired results within the agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring that the solutions are tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and / or external systems;
- Conduct post-mortem reviews on projects; defining, documenting and identifying gaps and improvements and inconsistencies;
- Document and drive the processes related to performing user acceptance testing and sign off;
- Define and configure automated software tool/s to facilitate the software testing process. Tools should encompass various automation cycles including regression, performance and load testing
- Focus on creating end-to-end automated test scripts, while maintaining the automation framework and the associated test scripts up to date, supporting the Banks’s growing IT Application Inventory.
- Assist the QA Engineer and QA Team Lead to set up metrics for tracking and measuring the value of Quality Assurance initiatives.
- To establish and monitor process improvements and efficiencies to enhance KPIs and automation framework/s
- Analyses software test results and recommends a course of action, if necessary, to ensure that performance standards demanded by the Bank are maintained.
- To support the IT Quality Assurance Engineer in setting the long and short-term strategy for the team and drive the delivery of that strategy against a set of time bound goals and deliverables.
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time.
- To actively ensure that IT Governance standards and procedures are adhered too.
- The candidate should be willing to step into manual QA role and perform manual testing on need basis.
- To perform any duties that may be assigned to him/her from line management from time to time.
- The candidate must also be willing to travel on occasion in order to attend training/conferences or manage supplier relations.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Ability to challenge the status quo and inspire others to identify
- opportunities and areas for improvement;
- Extensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good sound knowledge of agile scrum testing methodologies.
- Customer Driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Quality Assurance/ Software Testing/ Software Engineering in Test;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining defect tracking tools;
- Experience with setting up and maintaining Quality Assurance Reporting
- and KPIs.
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of a test automation
- A first/second degree in Software Engineering or a related field.
- ISEB/ISTQB Advanced Practitioner Certified
- ITIL Certified
- Knowledgeable in use of GitHub, Ready API and other automation tools
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Experience in planning end user training.
- Experience using a Continuous Integration tool (preferably JENKINS)
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch