Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group and a premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
Ascent is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Team Lead with skills in Xamarin and mobile development. As a senior member of the Development Team delivering a range of cutting edge solutions, you will play an active role in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our products.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET
- Strong leadership skills and experience in a leadership role
- At least 1- 2 years of experience working with Xamarin
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Framework
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably in the Azure Ecosystem
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Provides leadership to a team of developers working in a wider agile team.
- Contributes to the architectural and technological choices made during the delivery of the project.
- Guides and mentors members of the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Strives to empower the members of the team to grow and increase the knowledge within the team
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Involved and vocal in the agile ceremonies.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
- Performs team 1 to 1s.
- Remove impediments which could block the development with respect to technology aspects.
Why join Ascent:
● With over 350 developers spread over Sofia, Malta and the UK, Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
● We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
● We are a fast-growing company with modern, comfortable and spacious air-conditioned offices at good location.
● You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
● We offer Competitive salaries with a clear progression path
● We have great employee benefits such as relax area, a X-Box, Table Soccer, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch