We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Team Lead - Xamarin to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We’re always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We’re committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 1 - 2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a Team Lead Xamarin or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET
- Strong leadership skills and experience in a leadership role
- At least 1- 2 years of experience working with Xamarin
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Framework
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably in the Azure Ecosystem
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Provides leadership to a team of developers working in a wider agile team.
- Contributes to the architectural and technological choices made during the delivery of the project.
- Guides and mentors members of the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Strives to empower the members of the team to grow and increase the knowledge within the team
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Involved and vocal in the agile ceremonies.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
- Performs team 1 to 1s.
- Remove impediments which could block the development with respect to technology aspects.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch