Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group and a premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
Automation QA Engineers are responsible for the quality of software product and deployed solution. They participate in every phase of the development process where their primary objective is to ensure that software product adhere to quality standards and acceptance criteria.
Typical role responsibilities for the Automation QA Engineer include development, implementation and execution of end-to-end test suite, automation testing framework, API and UI testing and quality metrics that will allow defects tracking and bug-fixing.
Required skills and qualifications:
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good problem-solving skills
- Writing and analysing of user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Working with other groups, software testers. Have strong communication skills that allow them to collaborate with others. Communicate problems and coordinate with QA, development, and business groups to ensure products are free of errors
- Provide support and documentation
- Analytical with great attention to detail
- Experience in Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns and architectures, databases and REST Web APIs.
- Experience in documentation is considered to be an asset
- Good communication and reporting skills
- 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Databases and SQL (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Visual Studio)
- Understand the requirements from the PPO and prepare test plans and scenarios
- Preparing test data for the test cases
- Design and development of automation scripts
- Defect tracking
- Update the test result document
- Log / file the defects in defect tracking tool / bug report
- Verify defects have been correctly resolved once the development team have worked on them
- Discuss doubts/queries with development team
- Participate in review meetings within the team
- Giving mandatory information about a defect to developers in order to fix it
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artefacts is documented and maintained
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch