We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 250+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced .Net Developers to help our customers define and deliver success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ascent is looking for a highly motivated Team Lead. Being at the helm of a cross-functional team, you will have a pivotal role in the delivery of the project, and will mentor and lead team members to achieve milestones and develop personally. As a Team Lead, you will be working hand in hand with the Product Owner and Agile Coaches, to bring out the full potential of the development team to deliver a high-quality product, as an essential part of Ascent’s vision and success.
- Provides leadership to a team of developers working in a wider agile team.
- Contributes to the architectural and technological choices made during the delivery of the project.
- Guides and mentors members of the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Strives to empower the members of the team to grow and increase the knowledge within the team
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Involved and vocal in the agile ceremonies.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
- Performs team 1 to 1s.
- Remove impediments which could block the development with respect to technology aspects.
Required skills and qualifications:
• At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET
• At least 2 years of experience in leading a team of developers
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Framework
• Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, in the Azure Ecosystem
• Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
• Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
• Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – Understand the dynamics of a team and how to be an effective leader
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch