Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group, premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and the UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
We are currently seeking an Agile Coach to join our company. You will be working with several development teams to promote Agile software development principles and best practices. Your responsibilities will include facilitating, mentoring and coaching team members, as well as growing teams towards an agile methodology.
The ideal candidate is:
- An excellent team player who works well with others. You will be working closely with a number of interdisciplinary teams of 3 to 7 people.
- Empathetic, who can improve the team dynamics through empathy and can enthuse team members.
- Someone who can comfortably challenge people and ideas, to drive change within the teams and the company.
- Someone who appreciates the depths of agile practices and principles, and who can help teams appreciate them too.
- Someone who has first-hand experience with organisational, client and intra-team impediments, and who was driven to become an agile coach while working on solving the problems.
- Result oriented, focusing of the effectiveness and efficiency of teams and able to measure progress towards business goals.
- Feedback oriented, open to give and receive feedback and changes their behaviour based on it.
- Able to coach other team members to change their behaviour based on feedback.
- Someone who feels at home delivering workshops to teams.
- Someone with good problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Someone who has excellent English written and spoken skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT industry
- Previous experience in a technical role in software development is considered an asset.
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Agile Coach or related role.
- CSM or similar certification is considered an asset.
- Relevant experience with several Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup, and SAFe
- Ensure project methodologies are working within teams as measured by consistent and repeatable velocity
- Establish, measure, and improve team velocity
- Establish, measure and improve team morale
- Help the team to plan and execute meetings such as pre-planning, planning, daily stand-ups, review & retrospective
- Organize training to the team on the agile methodologies promoting continuous improvement on processes resulting in better velocity, quality, etc.
- Document & track lessons learned, outcomes for future analysis
- Ensure all team members are participating and enabled
- Ensure that while Agile ceremonies are being kept, they are delivering value to the team
- Be the go-to-person to initiate resolution of impediments
- Identify blockers to improved agile adoption within teams with recommendations on how to overcome
- Identify project risks and raise them proactively.
- Identify process issues and recommend improvements.
- Figure out the reasons why teams and projects may not be delivering the expected velocity results and take effective actions to remedy the situation.
- Encourage the proliferation of Agile best practices between different teams.
- Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as relax area, a X-Box, Table Soccer, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch