A critical client facing role that will require you to understand the customer business to be able to provide value by recommending impactful solutions through effective communication with the technical team.
About the role:
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 1-2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams and at least 5 years working as a Product Owner or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing
- Empathise with stakeholders and customers.
- Know how to ask questions in a way that enables problem visibility and solution generation.
- Be a great relationship builder and constructive negotiator.
- Have good leadership skills.
- Be able to break down complex problems into clear, simplified backlog work items that deliver demonstratable client value as early as possible.
- Be a believer in the MVP-first and fail-fast approaches to prove a hypothesis using experimentation with feedback for confirmation and solution validation.
- Articulate explanations and vision, using crisp English language leveraging use-case examples for less technical audiences.
- Understand the difference between Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Have excellent English communication written and spoken skills.
- Value the importance of working with client stakeholders to improve solution UX.
- Work with unclear client requirements and leverage structured techniques to work with clients to drive clarity in requirements, customer confidence and problem resolutions.
- Be comfortable with emergent design rather than design upfront.
- Understand and articulate client wants vs. needs.
- Articulate the long-term solution vision for the client and development team.
- Define, analyze, and react to product metrics (such as Analytics, A/B testing, Pirate metrics) to provide valuable client guidance should changing of direction be needed.
- Manage the expectations of business and technical stakeholders.
Required skills and qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent in experience, preferably in ICT or a related area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a product owner or a similar role.
- Having a CSPO or similar certification will be considered a valuable asset
- Previous experience in a technical role in software development is considered an asset.
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch