Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group, premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and the UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
We are looking for a 2nd Line Software Support officer to join our team. On a day to day basis, our team provides IT support and troubleshooting via telephone, email, ticketing system and remote support for our bespoke software solutions. We work with a number of local and international clients in various sectors, such as postal and logistics, transport engineering, insurance, forex trading and health, amongst others.
Our team is responsible for delivering high level customer service to a wide range of users, including those with minimal IT knowledge. We follow in depth diagnoses of issues and work in close contact with our development team as an escalation point. As part of our company-wide knowledge culture, the team also populates and maintains the existing knowledge base.
The ideal individuals for this role will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be equal parts technology and customer service oriented
- Persevere when there are challenging incidents and can work autonomously
- Organized specialist with analytical abilities who is being able to prioritize and multitask
- Diploma or degree in IT
- Experienced in administering SQL and writing SQL queries
- Administering applications such as MS SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM will be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours due to clients working in different time zones and openness to the possibility of work-related travel
- Verbal and written C1 English is required.
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions
- Methodical and structured approach with eye for detail and quality
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving abilities
- Work well individually or as part of a team, irrespective of team size
- Self-starter willing and able to take ownership and assume responsibility
- Ability to manage own time, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at both technical and non-technical level
- Desire to broaden knowledge and expand skills
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as relax area with darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch