Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group, premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and the UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
• World class delivery and attention to detail
• Strong customer focus
• Fast-paced environment
• Can-do approach
• Positive attitude towards change
• Quick and eager to learn
• Highly collaborative .
Operations and Support
• Create / Update and Respond to tickets in the Service Desk.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site, as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge, as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier 3/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies • Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Install new/ rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, tablets, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches. General
• Adhering to company policies
• Other duties as may be assigned Maintenance
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Maintain system efficiency.
• Maintain network and system security.
• Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
Quality Management System
• to identify any needed infrastructural requirements
• to maintain the infrastructure
• to coordinate the routine and unscheduled maintenance of the equipment
• to ensure that the back-ups are performed
• to restore back-ups upon request
• to maintain records of the infrastructure maintenance
• to allocate a virtual machine for every product / project
• to ensure that a reliable infrastructure is established
• to monitor the performance of the infrastructure
Why join Ascent:
• Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
• We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
• We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
• You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
• We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
• We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others
We love what we do and we get to work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses: from smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics.
Converting in-bar customers to online consumers for better business.
Democratising data to engage new communities & develop the blue economy.
THE CROWN ESTATE
Empowering Tropic Ambassadors with seamless selling experiences.
Delivering the horizontal scale to expand into new medical research fields.
Helping Hive make life easier for its home automation customers.
Career progression Section
Why join Ascent?
We’re fast becoming a leading European digital transformation business.
Joining Ascent means you’ll be involved in delivering exciting technology projects for leading global brands. You’ll be part of a growing team of super-talented people who are actively choosing to join us on our journey rather than working in big corporates.
Your voice matters at Ascent. We are always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time). You’ll develop your talent through our internal Academy, providing a wide range of personal development, up-skilling and cross-skilling opportunities.
Job Post - Contact Us
Need to know more?
We’re here to answer any questions you have about this role or any others featured on the site.
If you can’t see one that’s the perfect fit for you, drop us a note and let us know what we’re missing.
Get In Touch